Sponsor an Activity
Please read these guidelines before planning your event. You will need to allow 4-6 weeks for the review process to be completed.
1. Your event should support Bethanna’s mission and philosophy. Companies that conflict with Bethanna’s vision or do not support the health and well-being of children.
2. The event organizer must obtain any necessary permits, licenses or insurance.
3. Be prepared to estimate expenses and revenues for your event, as well as the size of the contribution you intend to donate to the Hospital.
4. All copy for invitations, advertisements, press releases, posters or other promotional information related to your event must be approved in advance. No public announcements or event promotions should occur until you receive written approval from Bethanna. Approved events should be publicized as a charity walk-a-thon to benefit Bethanna – not Bethanna’s Walkathon.
5. Events must comply with all federal, state, and local laws regulating charitable fundraising, gift reporting, and special events. The IRS requires that all tickets, invitations or entry forms state which portion of the contribution is tax deductible. If a donor receives a product or service in exchange for their donation, subtract the value (whether or not it is donated) of the product or service from the contribution. The remaining amount is tax-deductible. If your donors send contributions directly to Bethanna, you must inform our agency of the value of any goods or services the donor received in return for the contribution.
7. You must notify Bethanna if you are planning to contact businesses, individuals or organizations for sponsorship. Before soliciting contributions, sponsorship or in-kind gifts, Bethanna must approve your list of potential business sponsors. Many individuals and businesses who already contribute to Bethanna may not wish to make additional donations.
9. Individuals and organizations must have Bethanna’s permission to repeat an event year after year.
10. Bethanna must be notified immediately if significant changes occur. If circumstances warrant, our agency may, through members of its Board of Directors or senior leadership, direct you to cancel the event. If directed, you must agree to cancel the event and agree to release Bethanna or its personnel from any liability .
What Bethanna Can Do to Support Your Event
1. Supply a letter of authorization to be used to validate the authenticity of the event and its organizers. 2. Provide and approve the use of Bethanna’s logo. 3. Designate your contribution to a specific area of program or services that has special meaning for you. 4. Promote the event on Bethanna’s web site. 5. Provide a written tax receipt to donors.
What Bethanna Can’t Do for Your Event
1. Provide on-site staff or volunteer support at your event. 2. Extend our tax exemption to you. 3. Provide insurance coverage. 4. Provide funding or reimbursement for expenses. 5. Solicit sponsorship revenue for your fundraising activities. 6. Provide celebrities or professional athletes for your event. 7. Provide publicity: newspaper, radio, TV coverage, etc. 8. Provide mailing lists of donors or vendors. 9. Provide letterhead place event fliers, posters or distribute other promotional material.
Event/Activity Sponsor Application Form
For more information, contact us.